Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Here's to the WEEKEND!

Ok so most ppl know that the 2 hardest times to stick to a healthy eating plan is A) during the Holidays and B) on the weekends. So this was not one but two of those options. My moms birthday celebration was this Sunday and guess who was responsible for the menu.....?? Me (and my sisters but they don't really cook a lot so..... ) So I had to come up with something that was Vegan friendly and appetizing for the rest of the family. I actually did pretty well, Im supper proud of myself! It makes me feel like I can live and enjoy life and still stick to my lifestyle! I had a piece of birthday cake which of course is NOT Vegan but other than that I did really GOOD! My headaches have almost gone away....from the caffeine with draws. I am learning new recipes to feed the kids daily. I found Veggie Hot Dogs for them, and a way to make REAL oatmeal with NO sugar added that they loved (They will be fed as close to vegetarian as possible, not Vegan). All in all I've learned a lot in these last few days that I hope will carry on for the rest of my life. I even took  a jog today! :)

1 comment: